Monday 17 August 2015

What Have I Missed? (Dom POV)



I had been gone for almost three weeks when I finally returned home and I was looking forward to sleeping in my own bed instead of a shitty hotel bed.

I hadn’t spoken much to anyone back at home, I was too busy and everyone was used to me being too busy to talk while I was gone. I had a couple of messages from Taylor saying to call me but I figured she was just getting lonely wanted to know when I was coming home but I just ignored them and focused on my work.

I quickly showered before climbing into my bed and getting some much needed rest.

I woke up and followed with my normal morning schedule of getting in a quick work out, showering and getting dressed before heading out. I needed to go visit Jake and have him draw up some contracts for the new clients I had accumulated while I was away before heading into the office to meet with the other partners about what happened while I was away.

I was lucky, I may have a job with a large company but I was able to work from home most days as long as I still turned up for meetings with clients or the rest of the employees and so far I was doing just that.

I entered the building where Jake’s law firm was located, quickly flirted with the smoking hot receptionist before heading back to where Jake’s office was.

I entered and stopped short at the sight of him, “dude you look horrible” I spoke with a smirk on my face as I walked over and took a seat in one of the armchairs but he just proceeded to throw a pen at me.

“Shut the fuck up dude, what are you doing here?”

“Need contracts for new clients but that can wait, what’s going on?” I was worried thinking that Taylor had fucked and that’s why she needed me to call her but Jake was cheating on her as well so I didn’t think he would be this upset over the truth coming out, hell it was something I wanted even though I knew I would probably lose both of them.

“Taylor moved out, now these contracts”

“Woah back up there. Taylor moved out? Why? What the hell did you?” I began firing questions at him but he just threw another pen at me.

I watched as he scrubbed his face with his hands, I’m surprised the senior partners hadn’t said anything about his appearance, he clearly hadn’t shaved in a couple of days and his suit wasn’t up to his usual standard, it was a little wrinkled and he clearly hasn’t been sleeping properly.

“Yes Taylor moved out about a week ago, I fucked up. She was away on business and I made the mistake of bringing a girl home instead of going home with her because Taylor came home early and caught the two of us. And no I don’t need to a hear a fucking told you so from you”

I couldn’t believe this, I had on countless occasions told Jake this was going to backfire on him. Hell I had a feeling one day that my arrangement with Taylor was going to backfire, but how could Jake be stupid enough to bring a girl back to the house he shared with Taylor.

“Why do you keep doing this? You say you love Taylor but yet you keep sleeping with random girls” I questioned, I’ve questioned this a million times but not once I had ever been given an answer, he always brushed me off but he had to know at some point Taylor would ask the same question.

“The chase, I’ve lost that with Taylor and I hated not having it”

“Taylor will lose it at that answer”

“I know Dom, now stop I’ve had enough of this. You don’t think I’ve driven myself crazy thinking how I’m going to fix this with her?” his voice hitched as he spoke and it was then I realised just how upset he was by this.

How the fuck do those two care so much about each other but yet still cheat on each other? It was baffling and I didn’t understand how they could do it.

“Fine but I’m not getting in the middle, you can’t make me be messenger between the two of you”

“Deal, now these contracts you need?” he spoke sternly giving me the hint that he didn’t want me to bring up the incident with Taylor again.

It was then I wondered if this was the reason why Taylor had been asking me to call her?

After the contracts were done I ended up getting lunch with Jake where he finally decided to fill me in on everything that happened, when Taylor discovered the two of them and even the next day when Jake had stayed home from work in hopes of her coming home but all she did was pack her things before leaving.

I was leaving the office and pulled out my phone to call Taylor, I knew she would be annoyed I was taking this long to return her call but she would deal.

“Oh now you decide to return my call, four days later” she snapped at me as soon as she answered, I expected worse but I guess considering everything this was fine.

“I only got back last night Tay, I’ve been working. I spoke with Jake this morning, I had no idea that’s why you wanted to talk”

“He didn’t tell you?” I could tell just by the sound of her voice that she was upset, I had no idea how I was going to handle this if she found out I was helping cover for Jake.

“No he didn’t Tay, I went to his office to get some contracts written up. Tay he looks like shit”

“Dom why are you calling me?” I couldn’t help but notice that she was trying to get away from the topic of Jake.

“I’m heading home from the office now, do you want to come over” I was surprised when she laughed at me.

“Seriously? I find out Jake is cheating on me and you want to have sex?”

“Tay, I thought you would want to talk, I didn’t mean for us to have sex”

She was quiet for too long, I had to even pull my phone away from my ear and see if the call was still there.

“Fine, I’m leaving work now be at yours soon?”

“See you then Tay” I hung up on her as I climbed into my car and headed home.

I don’t know what I was thinking calling Taylor and asking if she wanted to come around to talk, if this was any other relationship I would be on Jake’s side and he would get as the girls joked ‘custody of me’ and I wouldn’t even try and talk to Taylor but I couldn’t help myself.

I wasn’t home for long before there was a knock indicating that she was here, I went over and let her in. If I didn’t know her as well as I did I would have thought that this wasn’t even bothering her but it was her eyes that gave her away, normally they sparkled when she was happy but right now they’re dull.

I watched as her eyes trailed up and down and I smirked at her, “I forgot how good you look in a suit” she gave me a smile attempting to flirt with me making this as normal as possible between us.

“And you look so much better naked” I replied and she grinned before walking past me to enter the house and I couldn’t help but stiffen as she brushed her hand across my groin. “Thought you didn’t want to have sex Tay?”

I watched as she shrugged before looking away from me and I hated what I saw written across her face, I went over to the kitchen to grab us a drink before going back and joining her in the living.

“Thanks” she took the drink I offered her and we were both silent at first.

“What are you going to do about this?” I finally questioned, I knew Taylor well enough to know that if she wanted to fix things with Jake this, our arrangement would have to come to the light of day.

“No idea, I still love him but I’m hurt by what he did and I know it’s stupid considering what we were doing”

“Were?” I couldn’t help but notice the wording she used

“Yeah, I was planning on talking to you about it, I was thinking of stopping what we were doing and focused on my relationship with Jake”

I felt the tinge in my heart knowing if she never found out what happened I would have lost her, “That’s fair, are you planning on talking to him?”

“Eventually, Emily thinks the only way we get passed what happened is if I tell him everything, including what we were doing behind his back”

“Tay…” I wanted to reason with her, tell her that I didn’t want that.

“I know, he’s your best friend but in all honestly why the hell did you agree to this arrangement? He is your best friend, why are you letting me cheat on him?”

“You don’t need to worry about that” I couldn’t tell her the reason why I agreed to it was because I was pissed that Jake stole the girl I wanted and was constantly rubbing it in my face. “Look tell Jake you were having sex with someone on the side, I doubt he will care who it is”

I watched as she nodded staring into her glass before her eyes lifted up to me and I instantly recognised the glint in her eyes, “if our arrangement was still place I would want to add a rule, you have to wear a suit” she grinned at me and laughed, I was pleased to see she relaxed a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment