Monday 10 August 2015

Back To Normal?



I did as Emily suggested and went home yesterday to spend the day with Jake, when I entered our bedroom he was passed out in the bed. I placed my bag down and took off my shoes before silently creeping over and climbing on to the bed.

I crawled my way up so I was hovering over his body and softly begun kissing his back and when I looked at his face I watched as his eyes were fluttering open. When he looked at me a smile appeared on his face.

“Hi baby, I missed you” he spoke as I sat down on his lower and leaned down to kiss him.

“I missed you too, what did you get up to last night?” I placed my hands on his back and begun attempting to knead out all the tight muscles that the stress of his work had caused, he groaned as he buried his head into the pillows giving me the go ahead to keep going.

A car honking their horn pulled me back to the present and pushed away the memories of yesterday as I continued to head home from work. Normally I would head straight to Dom’s but I thought I’d go home and get changed before going for a run.

Just as I finished pulling on my shoes my phone rang and I answered it without even checking the caller ID.

“Hello”

“Hello Tay, missing me yet?” I heard Dom’s voice and I laughed at what he said.

“Nope not at all”

“Then you’re telling me I would be wrong if I said you’re on your way out for a run?” damn him and knowing me so well.

“Nope not at all” I tried to sound cheerful and make it seem like I didn’t need him but we both knew the truth.

The truth was that the more sexually frustrated I became the more I ran, there was one point where I was running twice a day. Jake was worried but since it was the beginning of our relationship he didn’t know if it was normal or not.

Dom laughed in reply, “keep telling yourself that Tay, I will let you get your run in or you could try and talk to Jake again?”

“Bye Dom” I replied before hanging up not even wanting to have that conversation.

I’ve tried once before to bring up the topic of what I preferred in our sex life with Jake before and he couldn’t understand how I liked to be hurt like that by someone I loved, he didn’t understand that it didn’t hurt me, it caused me pleasure but he couldn’t understand and wouldn’t even consider trying it. It ended up with us barely speaking for a couple of days before he came home with flowers and stunning necklace, we both apologised and it was never brought up again.

I was surprised when I made it home from my run to find that Jake was home from work early, I entered the house and peeled off my sweat soaked top leaving me in my sports bra. As I was using my top to wipe the sweat off my face Jake appeared around the corner with a mischievous grin on his face.

“What are you planning babe?” I raised an eyebrow at him but he didn’t reply, he just walked over to me and grabbed my hand to pull me upstairs.

“Why don’t you shower and then you can come downstairs” he spoke while pulling me into the bathroom and when I looked at the counter I saw a gift basket filled to brim with all my favourite bath supplies.

“Why don’t you join me?” I stepped closer to him and pressed my body against his.

“Mmm I want to baby but I haven’t finished downstairs” I leaned in closer and wrapped my arms around his neck.

“But now you’re covered in sweat, if I have to be clean so do you” I wrinkled my nose at him and he laughed.

“That wasn’t the plan babe, the plan was for you to relax in the shower or bath before coming downstairs for your surprise”

“How about a quick shower with me and then I will make good use of what you’ve brought me” I tried to make a compromise with him, him being a lawyer he was used to negotiations, hell half the time he was making them with me.

Jake didn’t reply but he did press his lips against me, almost giving me the answer that he was heading downstairs but in the end he turned on the shower and started removing what was left of my clothes and when I went to undo the buttons on his shirt he didn’t stop me giving me the news that he was joining me in the shower.

Jake didn’t stay long in the shower with me but I took what I was given and ended up staying in there much longer than I planned to using good use of my gifts, I used the body scrubs, facial scrubs and hair mask that was in there before getting out and lathering my skin in the lotion.

When I left the bathroom and entered the bedroom there was a brand new dress laid out on the bed and it was just a simple strapless dress, not something I would normally pick out for date night so I was curious about why Jake picked this dress.

I picked up my phone with the idea of ringing Jake to see if I could come downstairs but there was a message from him telling me I could come downstairs. I threw my phone back down on the bed not wanting it to distract us and headed downstairs.

I found Jake standing at the bottom of the stairs holding a bouquet of flowers and it was a stunning bouquet of mixed lilies, I stepped off the steps and leaned up to softly kiss him.

“Thank you babe, they’re beautiful”

“You’re welcome baby, come on it’s all in the living room” he grabbed my hand and led me towards the living room and I was in shock when I noticed the room.

The lights had been dimmed and there were candles lit all over the room and the furniture had been pushed back against the wall with a blanket spread out on the floor and what looked like a picnic basket on the blanket.

I almost wanted to laugh at the scene, it was so familiar. When we first moved into the house there was an issue with our furniture and we didn’t have any for a couple of days and we ended up having a picnic style dinner our first night here.

“This is amazing Jake, I love you”

“I love you Taylor, so much” he wrapped his arms around me before softly kissing my head and we stood like that for a couple of minutes before he led me over to the blanket.

The rest of the night was perfect and I couldn’t believe how much thought Jake had put into this, it was almost normal for us. The last month or so we had been in our ways, go to work, come home, have dinner, see our friends a couple of times a week, he had his guys night, I had girls night, we fit in time with his parents and we had sex regularly but this.

This was what was normal for us, Jake used to regularly plan nights like these. I used to panic about getting ready for dates when I had no idea what we were doing so he began helping pick out clothes for me once he discovered what I considered to be comfortable or date night material but it had slowly disappeared over time.

The night was coming to an end and he stood up to leave the room saying there was one more surprise and that was when the panic started to set it, I was panicking that maybe this was all leading up to a proposal. When we first started talking about marriage the one thing I said about the proposal was it couldn’t be in public.

He came back into the room holding a small box and the panic I had increased, he didn’t say anything but handed me the box. I hesitantly grabbed it with shaky hands and opened it.

Inside was a stunning pair of studs and instead of the standard diamond stud it was an amethyst gem in the middle, I had always been in love with the colour of amethyst gems and complained it was so hard to come across in jewellery that didn’t cost an arm and a leg or look tacky

“They’re beautiful”

“Anything for you baby, I know the last week has been a bit rocky for us but I hope we can get past whatever it was and return to normal”

“Me too babe, thank you for tonight it was perfect” I placed the earrings down before wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him.

No comments:

Post a Comment