Friday 14 August 2015

Can Everything Be Fixed?



I ended up calling in sick, I said it should just be for the day and emailed all my stores telling them to call me if they really needed my help on something and I would try over the phone.

Emily didn’t have much to say after I told her what I witnessed Jake doing last night, he had another girl in our bed and they were having sex. I just stood there in shock before I let out a scream and picked up the picture frame on the dresser and threw it at the wall finally alerting them to my presence and the look at Jake’s face was pure disbelief. I shook my head before grabbing my bag and heading for my car ignoring Jake’s pleas for me to come back and hear him out.

“Tay, you cheated on him as well” Emily spoke and I hated that she was right but there was something so wrong about what he did, it was in our bed.

“Not in our bed or house, hell two weeks ago I decided to end things with Dom” that got her, she instantly shut up and was clearly shocked at this.

It was true, I wanted to end things with Dom to truly make my relationship with Jake work and I was waiting until he got back from his business trip before I brought up with him but now? I didn’t know what I wanted, all I knew was that I wanted space.

“Look Tay, you know I can’t judge you or your relationship but I do believe you should talk to Jake about this. You are both at fault here, you and Jake have been together to long for you not to hear him out at one point and if you want to even think about fixing things with him then that involves telling him everything.”

“And that involves talking to Dom first” I snapped at her and she took a deep breath to try and calm herself down, I knew this, I knew my best friend well enough to know that if she didn’t calm down this would turn into a screaming match very quickly.

Neither of us spoke, we just stayed in our positions completely silent.

“Fine, Tay I love you and I will support you whether or not you go back to Jake and you are more than welcome to stay here as long as you need” Emily eventually spoke and I was grateful for a place to stay.

Emily and I eventually left her room, I wasn’t surprised that Sarah and Penny had left since they normally did when there was midweek girls’ nights, they had to be at work earlier than we did.

I was grateful when Emily turned and said she couldn’t take the day off work, it meant she wouldn’t be babying me and that was the last thing I wanted today. I just want to have my space and collect my thoughts figuring out what I was going to do.

I sat there as Emily quickly had some breakfast before showering and getting dressed to head off to work. All I got was an ‘I love you and will support you’ before she headed out the door.

I washed the dishes we had from breakfast before showering myself, I needed to go home and collect more of my things. I barely had any clothes here with me and if I was going to live here I would need more than what I had, I needed clothes for work and running as well as some casual clothes.

I grabbed my phone from Emily’s room before leaving clearing all the missed calls and messages I had, I didn’t want to hear what he had to say at this point in time. I didn’t care if Emily was right when she said that both of us were in the wrong, yes I was having sex with Dom but this felt so much different.

When I made it home I was annoyed to see that Jake’s car was in the drive way and I almost changed my mind about going in and getting my things but I needed them, I needed my clothes and I needed my laptop and files that were in the office.

I took a deep breath before getting out and heading inside, I was hoping that maybe Jake was out and he left car at home but I was wrong when I came across him coming out of the kitchen.

“Tay, baby I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you like that, please forgive me” I shook my head at him before heading upstairs and grabbing a suitcase to put all my clothes in.

“Jake get out of the way” he was standing there blocking the way to our wardrobe and I was getting annoying, I didn’t like that he was preventing me from doing this.

I turned and went to our dresser instead and began working on that but instead everything I put in the suitcase he just pulled it out.

“Jake stop! You want this to try and work then just let me leave and give me my space, I need time to process everything. I don’t want to hear what you have to say just yet, I just need space” I looked at him as my eyes welled up

“Please don’t leave” he placed my clothes back on the bed and stepped closer to me and it took everything in my power to not step away from him. “Tay I love you, she was a mistake”

“I need to leave, I can’t be here knowing what happened” I shook my head, he cupped my face and kissed my forehead. “Please…” I pleaded with him, he eventually wiped away my tears before dropping his hands and stepping away from me.

“What if we moved to one of the guest room and stayed in there?”

“No Jake, I can’t I need to leave this house and you aren’t changing my mind” I spoke sternly before wiping away more of my tears.

I went back to packing my suitcases getting frustrated with the fact it was taking longer due to Jake constantly getting in the way or coming up with another excuse as to why I shouldn’t move out.

I was standing in the office trying to find the files I needed for work and Jake was standing in the doorway watching me.

“Tell me how to fix this”

“Go back in time and don’t have sex with that whore” I snapped at him and he flinched.

“Baby I’m sorry, please forgive me”

“I can’t Jake, now let me leave” I shook my head at him as I picked up the bag and headed out into the hallway where my suitcases were.

Jake made one more attempt at convincing me not to leave as I was piling my suitcases in my trunk, I couldn’t handle it. I just wanted to come here and get my things without any hassle but he was starting to get on my last nerve.

“Jake stop! Seriously this is bullshit, you want me to forgive you but bugging me like this is starting to get on my last nerve and only pushing me further away from you. Just let me fucking leave” I finally lost it at him and he stood there staring at me almost as if he never expected me to react this way.

“I’m sorry Tay, I love you” was all he said before he turned around and headed back into the house.

There was something off about how all it took was for me to snap at him like that, I thought I would have been in the car yelling at him to get out of the way but yet he left just as easily like that.

I headed back to Emily’s house debating about if I should ring Dom, I needed to speak to Dom about this and find out what he knew and what I could and couldn’t tell Jake. I think Emily was right, if I really wanted to fix things with Jake it involved me telling him the truth about Dom, but did I want to fix things with Jake?

5 comments:

  1. I really hope she doesn't try to fix things with Jake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um no, getting back together is the last thing that should happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every man and his dog seems to be on team Dom

      Delete