Friday 7 August 2015

Night Away



Dom: I’m heading out of town for a couple of weeks for work, I will see you when I get back.

It had been a couple of days since Dom sent me that message, I don’t know if he was leaving because of our last interaction or he really had to leave because of work, it just didn’t add up in my mind but I let it go.

The increasing sound of music pulled me from my thoughts and I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes at Emily’s antics, she was still hiding from Jackson but yet agreed to come out on the girls’ night that Sarah and Penny had set up.

I was a little hesitant at first but in the end I decided too, Wednesday night with Jake was a little weird. He was more dotting than usual, yes I get flowers and gifts every now then and but that night was over the top.

The gift I was given was very extravagant and I would rarely get to use, I was given the biggest bouquet of flowers I had ever been given and even the restaurant we went too was over the top. It was in this moment that I thought maybe it was the moment he was going to propose but when we got home nothing, all that happened was him going down on me and him saying he didn’t need anything in return.

I was confused by his actions and honestly wondered if something was up with him, I tried to talk to Emily about it but she brushed me off saying I was seeing things that weren’t there because I myself was cheating on him, I actually agreed with her weird ass logic for once.

I opened the bathroom door and headed towards Emily’s room where she had set up her make-up and various clothing options for the night, at the moment it was just the two of us but Sarah and Penny would be here soon enough.

“You know knocking would have sufficed” I walked over and took a seat on her bed while watching her go through her wardrobe.

“Don’t know what you’re on about” she spoke and I knew that tone, she was playing dumb with me and we both knew it wouldn’t work.

“So how are you planning on using me as your breathing, living, life size doll?”

Emily worked part time in a finance building as a personal assistant while trying to build up her cliental for her own business, she studied cosmetology in college and tried to work for someone else but everywhere she went she didn’t like the way they conducted things, in the end she picked up a part time job to pay for the bulk of her bills while working on her business on the side.

Our girls’ nights like this was another way for her to build up her cliental, she would do all of our hair and make-up taking before and after photos to post on her business page to show just how good of a job she could do and I mean it, she did an amazing job.

“Pfft like I would tell you, are you crashing here tonight or taking a cab back to yours?”

“Staying here” I replied quickly and she shot me a look, yes I knew my reply would surprise her since normally I went home instead of coming home with her.

“What’s going on with you and Jake?”

“Nothing, it’s just weird and I need a night away from him”

“Does this have anything to do with Dom going out of town?” I scoffed before picking up my phone to ring Sarah and find out where they are not wanting to have this conversation anymore. “Tay, you know this thing you have with Dom is going to end eventually”

I continued to ignore her even when Sarah didn’t answer her phone and I figured she was driving and on her way here, I laid back on the bed playing on my phone and I could hear Emily muttering to herself but I let it go.

It didn’t take long for Sarah and Penny to turn and the conversations Emily tried to start was long forgotten and we spent some time catching up before Emily decided to start on our make-up and hair.

It was always a long process when this happened but Emily always said she would supply wine and pizza if we all agreed to this and it was why we always got ready at her house, none of us complained to free wine and pizza nor having someone do our hair and make-up for us, for free as well.

That night was a blast with the girls, I may have had a boyfriend but those three were single so watching them try and pick up guys was fun for me, I would sit back and laugh at them failing or even laugh at the guys attempts to pick them up when clearly my friends weren’t interested.

The night was coming to end and I was surprised that all of us were heading back to Emily’s, sometimes Sarah and Penny would go home with guys after getting our approval and Emily wasn’t because I said I would go home with her but it was when I got a message from Jake that I was still unsure as to if I wanted to go back to Emily’s.

Jake: I miss you, please come home tonight

Wednesday might have been over the top with him but Thursday and yesterday were oddly quiet, he was gone long before I woke up and was coming home later than usual. When I questioned him about the late hours he blamed them on a busy case load and I didn’t question it, it had happened in the past.

I thought maybe that’s why he was so attentive and affectionate on Wednesday, because he knew what was coming but either way I was sticking to my guns about going back to Emily’s. There was a voice in the back of my head telling me that if I went home to Jake it would end in a fight because I felt like something was off and I just hoped it was the alcohol.

In the end I replied, sticking to my original plan knowing it was the smarter one since it was made while sober.

Me: I’m staying at Emily’s, I will see you in the morning. I love you xo

After I hit send I turned my phone off knowing it would only take one phone call from him to change my mind and decided to enjoy the rest of the night with the girls attempting to push aside any concerns I had.

I woke up the next morning with a pounding headache and having last night events a little blurry, I remembered sending Jake a message but after that everything was a blur. I picked up my phone noticing it was turned on, I quickly checked everything, no phone calls in my logs and then I checked my messages, Dom’s conversation thread was right at the top…

I quickly opened the thread to see what I had said to him

Me: You would tell me if Jake was cheating on me wouldn’t you?
Dom: Like I would tell him if you were?
Me: ypour finy hehe      

I’m assuming I meant you’re funny haha in that last message but oh well, he’s seen me drunk before.

Dom: oh god, you’re drunk Tay. Just turn your phone off and enjoy your night.

After that the messages just get worse as I obviously got drunker, I eventually pulled myself out of the bed and headed up to Emily’s room hoping more than anything she was alone.

I quietly pushed opened the door and noticed just the one body in the bed, I made my way over to climb in next to her.

“What’s wrong Tay?” she didn’t open her eyes but she was awake. I had no idea if Sarah or Penny were here at Emily’s but even if they were I only climbed into bed with Emily when something was bothering me.

“Drunk me thinks Jake is having an affair”

“Then you two would have the most unusual fucked up but functional relationship, don’t look at me like that. From the outside you and Jake seem incredibly happy and nothing was wrong but yet here you are actually going to someone else for sex. Tay he loves you, anyone can see that but look maybe with Dom being away you and Jake will work things out. Don’t be your usual act before thinking, just spend this time with Jake and work on fixing whatever you think is wrong with your relationship”

I didn’t reply to Emily, she knew I was digesting what she said and I really was. I loved Jake, I really did and compromise is a part of being in a functional relationship but was sex something I could compromise on?

3 comments:

  1. OMG, is Emily sleeping with Jake????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be an amazing twist wouldn't it? ;)

      Delete
  2. Taylor and Dom belong together.

    ReplyDelete