Tuesday 8 March 2016

What Happened?



My head was killing me and it felt like it was filled with cotton wool, I couldn’t remember what happened the night before. All I wanted to do was go back to sleep in hopes of my hungover going away.

“Tay…?” I heard a very quiet voice that sounded very much like Emily’s but she was worried.

“Go away Em.” I complained before rolling over but when I buried my face in the pillow it hurt like a bitch and I had to pull away.

“Tay please look at me,” there goes her voice again, what happened last night?”

“What are you doing….” I started questioning but when I opened my eyes I realised I wasn’t in her guest room, it looked vaguely like a hospital room.

“Really? I should question why you are in a hospital room. Do you remember what happened?” she frowned at me and I shook my head.

“The last thing I remember is being out with Sarah and Penny.”

“You don’t remember talking with Dom?”

Dom, what the hell did Dom have to do with this. There was no way he would do this right? I know sometimes things got rough when we had sex but we both agreed to it and it was within our comfort zone.

“No…did he?”

“No one knows what happened, you were all drunk. I’m going to get the doctor, just rest and don’t stress over what could have happened alright?” I nodded as she walked over and gave me a hug before leaving me alone.

I sat up and shifted on the bed and winced at the pain in my head as I moved, I just hoped it wasn’t a bad thing that I was in this much pain, but there was a part of me that wanted to desperately to know what happened. To know how exactly I ended up in here and what the hell happened with Dom.

There must have been a reason as to why Emily told me that I was talking with Dom, was there something I needed to know before I left the hospital.

The longer I sat there alone, the more increasingly worried I became over what could have happened in the moments I don’t remember, how much don’t I remember anyway?

“Glad to see you are awake Taylor, how are you feeling?” I turned my head and winced again before facing the doctor and I was disappointed to see Emily wasn’t with him.

“My head hurts, really bad.”

“That was to be predicted, you have a concussion and a pretty nasty bruise on your face. If the rest of your vitals are normal you will be able to leave in a couple of hours, we just need to continue to monitor you before you can leave.” I nodded, unsure of what else I can say. “Do you have any questions?”

“Just one, do you know what happened?”

“I’m sure your friends will explain everything, I should be going. I will come by and check on you in a couple of hours.”

I didn’t say anything as the doctor turned and left, it was then I realised something. He said I had a bruise on my face, I climbed out of the bed and headed towards the bathroom and I was shocked. I had a massive black eye and half of my face was swollen, I was lucky I could still see it out if perfectly fine.

“Right in here now!” I heard Emily snap and when I walked out I saw both Jake and Dom standing there, looking guilty about something.

“Emily what’s going?” I questioned wearily as I walked back towards the bed, both Jake and Dom’s eyes followed me both staring at my face.

They both looked horrible, their faces were red with some bruising. What happened to the two of them?

“Go on tell her,” Emily demanded while I continued to stare at the boys.

“I’m sorry I hit you,” they both said at once and my jaw dropped opened.

“You both hit me?” it came out a whisper and they both hung their heads.

“Tay, everyone was drunk. No one could tell me what happened, all I could get out of them was what the two of them were fighting, you attempted to stop them from fighting and one of them hit you in the process.” Emily spoke and I continued to stare at the boys, what the hell happened for those two to fight like that.

“What were you two fighting about?” I questioned carefully and it was then I noticed the look Jake gave Dom, it wasn’t a friendly look either. Jake was pissed about something.

“You and I were talking and Jake overheard us mentioning about how we had sex a couple of weeks back, that caused an argument and then we starting throwing punches.” Dom spoke and I was shocked, there had to be more to the conversation then that.

I nodded before turning away from both of them, I didn’t want to deal with this anymore. The two guys that were fighting over me, were literally fighting and I ended up in hospital because of it.

“Come on Dom,”

“I’m not leaving her alone in here with him,” Dom complained but I didn’t turn around to see what was happening.

It wasn’t until there was a dip in the bed that I turned and found Jake sitting there watching me carefully.

“What are you doing here Jake?” I whispered.

“I have no idea which one of us punched you, but I regret fighting with Dom. I never wanted you to get hurt, I hate that you’re in here because of something we did.”

“I don’t get why you were both fighting over me? I get it, you two are incredibly competitive but I’m not a prize Jake. You two can’t punch it out and the winner gets me to themselves, it doesn’t work like that. You don’t get to choose who gets me because I do, I’m not excusing myself of what I did in our relationship but if you wanted me so badly why did you cheat? Why couldn’t you tell me you weren’t happy because I sure as hell did, I tried to talk to you on numerous occasions what I preferred when having sex but you wouldn’t even consider it, you just shut me down every single time!” I yelled at him as my eyes welled up.

“I didn’t even know I was in competition with Dom when it came to you, I was telling myself that we were working on fixing what happened between us. I had no idea I was in competition with someone else, not even my best friend.” He spoke and I could tell he was hurt, but was it my place to tell him that Dom was interested in having a relationship with me or was that Dom’s place?

“I know we were fixing things but it doesn’t mean I’m truly yours, we’re back to square one. It’s not my place to tell you who is interested in me and how do you know that I knew Dom was interested in me, how do you know that us having sex didn’t involve alcohol and we were drunk?” I questioned and he hung his head before scratching the back of his neck.

“Jake you and Dom are best friends, you shouldn’t fight over a girl. It doesn’t matter who it is, I don’t know what’s going on or what I exactly want. Don’t lose your friends over a girl because you don’t know what’s going to happen, especially after this because one of you hit me.”

“I know, I’m sorry and I love you Tay.” I nodded at Jake as he leaned over and softly kissed my forehead.

I pushed back my tears as Jake left the room, there will always be a part of me that will love Jake but I wasn’t completely happy with Jake and I still can’t decide if sex is something I can comprise on with him.

“Tay?”

“God what now?” I complained before turning and facing Dom who was standing in my doorway. “You’re an idiot, you know that.” I narrowed my eyes at him, he pouted at me before coming over and sitting at the end of my bed. God I hated how cute he looked like that.

“What did Jake have to say?”

“What makes you think you deserve to know, for all I know you were the one that hit me,” I snapped at him and his face fell for a moment before he moved further up the bed.

Neither of us said anything, he just reached out and lightly ran his fingers over my bruised cheek and I winced in pain. “Sorry,” he whispered.

“Why am I always more willingly to talk to you instead of Jake?” I questioned.

“Because you still hate that he completely shut you down on the whole pain for pleasure during sex, where as I have always heard you out.”

I took a deep breath and pulled my head away from his out stretched fingers, “He’s annoyed because he didn’t realise he was in competition with anyone, especially you.”

“You then proceeded to tell him you aren’t a prize,” I raised an eyebrow at him and he laughed softly. “Tay believe it or not, you are a prize. Not like what you think, what we are trying to do is win you over. He might not have known that he was in competition with me but there is a competition and you are the prize, I know you hate it but it’s not the type of prize you are thinking off. Tay I want to be able to show you off on my arm, I want everyone to be jealous over the fact that I have the most beautiful women inside and out on my arm and by myside. Yes I want to win but I also don’t want to belittle you either.”

I stared at Dom, unsure as to what to say. The one thing I did know was that this was too much, one of them hit me. I didn’t want to deal with any of them anymore.

“Get out,” I demanded before turning away ignoring the look of pain that appeared on his face.

“I really am sorry Tay, I didn’t want you to get hurt like this.” he kissed the top of my head before I felt him get off the bed.

I couldn’t hold the tears back anymore, they fell freely and I felt another dip in the bed but this time I knew it wasn’t one of the boys. The smell was too girly and I knew it had to be Emily as she wrapped her arms around me and I happily leaned against her.

1 comment:

  1. If you know you are not ready for a relationship why get into one and still cheat and liar. I was dying inside for my cheating wife , i had no prove, no one to run to. Everyone thought i was paranoid. until i was referred to a Private Investigator  Mr James . I told him about my situation and He understood me well and helped me spy on my wife.He hacked my wifes Gmail and Facebook account and linked all her WhatsApp and phone conversation to me, to find out the truth.I saw all the evidence and i was heart Broken,I just want to openly say thank you to James for helping me get evidence against her,i feel so hurt. If you need help please contact him Mr James (Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) via Email. 

    ReplyDelete