Tuesday 29 March 2016

Always?



I looked at Dom and he grinned, I couldn’t help but shake my head with a small smile.

“So we were drunk huh, I don’t remember us being drunk. I remember you pushing yourself at me, telling me it was what you wanted even though moments before you were in tears.” He smirked before moving so he was sitting next to me on the couch, I immediately felt the heat radiating from his body.

“Come on, you saw how peeved Jake was and after that and he seemed friendlier with you. I can’t believe you though,” I wacked him over the arm. “Being peeved at him all these years because of some lie he told?”

“What can I say? The girl I loved went home with my best friend and then he brags about you two having sex, what did you expect me to believe?” he curled up in the corner of the couch not facing me.

“And yet you believed him, you believed that I had a one night stand.”

“You have before Tay.”

“Yes in college, I’m not the same girl I was in college. The loss of my family did that.”

“I know Tay…” I watched as he leaned back on the couch and closed his eyes allowing me to completely soak in his good looks.

I have honestly missed Dom, I was right earlier when I said we’ve always been close. Me dating Jake made sure of that, it brought back something that I always felt with him, complete and utter trust. Dom was the first person I opened up to about the death of mine and Emily’s families, I could never tell my friends. I pulled away from all the friends I had in college, mainly because I didn’t feel up to get getting drunk all the time anymore. I put my focus into my studies in hopes of coming out with a somewhat decent transcript.

“If you want to check me out, just say so and I will strip right here.” I jumped at the sound of Dom’s voice, he opened his eyes just in time to see what I assumed was my face being bright red because it felt incredibly hot.

“God I forgot how adorable you can be when you blush like that,” his voice was low and hoarse as he leaned closer to me.

“You said you loved me….” I spoke softly and it was his turn to blush, I smiled in response.

“I have and I do.” He replied just as quietly.

“All this time, even while I was with Jake?”

“Always…” he trailed off before looking at his watch. “I really should go…”

“Do you have to meet a client as well?” I questioned and he looked at me before shaking his head.

“No but if I stay, I don’t know if I will be able to control anything.”

“Please stay, watch a movie with me. It would be great to have some company other than Emily all the time.”

“Tay…”

“Come on Dom, it’s Friday. We don’t have sex on Fridays,” I smirked at him and I received a chuckle from him and I was glad, to see him relaxed a bit more. “Plus I have two more days of bed rest, I doubt bed rest includes sex. I’m sure you can take my health into consideration.”

“You’re right, I will. Fine I will stay because you need the company, but I’m picking the movie.” He grinned before getting off the couch and picking a movie and putting it in.

“What did you pick?” I questioned as he sat down next to me and I automatically rested against him and one of his arms came around me.

“You’ll see,” he gave me a smile before brushing a loose strand of hair out of my face.

I couldn’t believe he happily put on Drop Dead Fred, he couldn’t understand how many times I watched this movie. He would watch it with me when I begged him, but this time I didn’t have too.

“Thank you,” I murmured softly before making myself more comfortable against him.

I don’t know when I fell asleep but at some I had woken up and found I was alone on the couch, I opened my eyes and saw Dom and Emily standing off to the side talking. They weren’t looking at me and I was able to just hear their conversation.

“You know she had a panic attack earlier, I told her you loved her and she panicked.”

“Are you kidding me?”

“No Dom, I’m not. I wish I was.”

“She sort of panicked that night as well, I let it slip that I love her and she just blanked out of everything that happened until, well you know. The same thing happened earlier, it was mentioned and I saw the panic flash through her eyes.” He shrugged, but his voice was strained.

“She’s terrified of letting you back in Dom, she was a mess when you two dated the first time. If you loved her how did you let her get away or even let the relationship turn out like that?” he looked my way and I quickly closed my eyes hoping they realised I wasn’t awake.

“I didn’t realise what I felt until she was gone as for how it turned out, for both of us it was our first serious relationship. I think after the honeymoon period we may have both panicked a little and slipped into what we knew how to do.”

“And that was sex?” there was no response, I didn’t dare open my eyes in case they were both looking at me. “Just take it easy with her, she may be scared but she isn’t scared enough that she isn’t giving you a shot.”

Again there was no response but it was then I heard footsteps getting closer to me and it wasn’t long until I was picked up and laid back down on someone’s lap. I shifted around and realised I was laying back on Dom.

He softly stroked my hair and a lazy smile appeared on my face as I slowly opened my eyes and looked at Dom, there was so much love written on his face and it terrified me.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I loved this. Jake is just too much of an arrogant douche! She just seems so comfortable around Dom.

    ReplyDelete