Wednesday 29 July 2015

Questionable Actions



The rest Tuesday past by easy enough and Jake’s guys’ night with Dom ended at around 2am, I was woken up by him attempting to have sex with me but I just pushed him off me before rolling over and facing away from him. He tried to apologise for not telling me he was going to be home late but I ignored him and went back to sleep.

Wednesday was quiet, I didn’t even see him in the morning when I woke up since he had already left for work which surprised me. He was pretty drunk the night before, I would have thought he would have been in bed complaining of how hung over he was how much he hates Dom.

My night turned to shit when I pulled up in front of Dom’s house and found Jake’s car parked outside, I didn’t know what to think of this but before I even had the chance my phone beeped indicating I had a message.

Dom: Jake turned up, have to cancel tonight.

I ignored the message and took off for Emily’s house, Emily was the only one of my friends that knew about my arrangement with Dom and it was only because she couldn’t judge me since she was having an affair with two different married men. She said she preferred them because she wasn’t always required to be on their beck and call and they had a habit of buying her things when they had to reschedule, this was something I liked to throw in her face, a little something called being afraid of commitment.

I knocked on the door to her condo not even thinking about if she was home from work or not and I was pleased to see her open the door and by the looks of her she had been home all day, still in her pyjamas with no make-up and her hair was in a bun.

“What are you doing here Tay, aren’t you usually with Dom on Wednesdays?” she looked a little shocked but let me in anyway.

“Jake turned up there”

“Those two are best friends Tay, it can’t be that weird”

“He’s normally at work still at this time, speaking of which why aren’t you at work?” she shrugged before heading over and laying back down on the couch, the state of the living room was enough for me to know something was bothering her.

“Emily what’s wrong?” I questioned as I went over and joined.

“Jackson is leaving his wife” she spoke while rolling her eyes, ah this is what she was doing.

She was doing everything in her power to avoid him, this has happened before. Whichever married guy she was seeing at the time decided to leave his wife for her she would cut him off instantly and beginning hiding at home, she liked the situations she had where she had to be hidden from the wife but when they were open to having a proper relationship she would run and she still thinks she doesn’t have a problem with commitments.

“I’m fine don’t worry about me, is everything alright with you and Jake?”

“I thought so, yeah I guess things aren’t 100% because I’m still going to see Dom on the side but everything else is perfect. Speaking of Dom we increased it to twice a week”

“Why don’t you at least trying to talk to Jake about what you prefer in bed again?”

“How about no Emily” I snapped at her and she rolled her eyes at me

I’ve tried having that conversation with Jake before, it didn’t end well. I explained to him what I enjoyed while having sex and he was quiet at first not saying anything and I thought it was a good sign but it ended with him walked over, cupping my face and kissing my forehead before speaking. His words were along the lines of I love you, why would I hurt you like that? He couldn’t understand that the pain caused me pleasure.

“What I don’t get is why you don’t break up with Jake and start dating Dom again because then you can have sex whenever you want”

“We’re not talking about this again Emily” I snapped at her and she waved her hand at me to me know she didn’t really care.

This was something Emily had brought up a couple of times and if I was in the mood I would bring up her multiple affairs with married men and then it would lead to us having discussions about how fucked up we are.

“Fine, fine whatever but honestly if Jake and Dom weren’t friends I would tell you to be worried. Didn’t they have a guys’ night last night? Chances are Jake is hung over and took off work early and decided to hang out at Dom’s, let me guess you were annoyed when he got home last night?”

“He came home at 2am without even letting me know, when he said late I figured 11 at the latest because that’s usually when he comes home during the week, if it was a Friday or Saturday then yes maybe I would have assumed 2am”

“Then chances are he’s hiding out there, just let it go. If you really want to know, make up some lie about going by his office to see him but he had already left, you know what time he was at Dom’s so use that time”

“Fine what are you going to do about Jackson?”

“Pfft nothing, he’s a bit more relentless then the others though. Apparently all these flowers turned up at work” I laughed at the face she pulled.

“Oh come on it can’t be that bad”

“No Jaime said my office is full of flowers, I’m probably going to gag when I go into tomorrow just from the smell”

“But didn’t you really like Jackson?”

“Yeah when he said he would never leave his wife because of their daughter”

“Wait Jackson has the kid? I thought that was Marcus” her face went blank and I laughed, chances are she forgot who was who and mixed up who had the daughter.

“Don’t be a bitch, how is work for you anyway? Claire still trying to be up your ass?” she questioned and I knew she was trying to pull the conversation from her, it didn’t surprise me. Even though she was my best friend there were moments where she had her guard up and it was hard for me to get in.

I worked for one of the major clothing department chains in the area and I drove between the different locations as an area manager making sure the stores were following protocol, making the projected sales and everything was running smoothly.

Claire was one the store managers and her store was the worst in the area and she was trying to make up for it by sucking up my ass but I saw through her act and it was only time before she was fired but we were trying to find someone to replace her first, except it was taking longer than it normally would.

Emily’s phone beeped putting a halt to our conversation and she looked at it, when a massive grin appeared on her face I raised an eyebrow at her.

“I’ve got to go, which means you have to leave so I can get ready” was all I got, I even tried to ask her about her message but she just pushed me out of her door and I headed for my car completely confused about what just happened.

I had left my phone in my car by mistake and when I climbed in I saw the flashing light indicating a new message, when I unlocked it I noticed I had two, one from Dom and one from Jake.

Dom: I’m sorry about Jake, he’s gone if you want to come over now.
Jake: I won’t be home till about 7:30 - 8, wait for me? I’ll bring home dinner.

2 comments: