Saturday 23 April 2016

What The Future Holds



“Do you really have to continue doing that?” Jakes voice rang through the room, clearly annoyed.

I pulled away from Dom with a smile on my face but Dom had a smirk, his grip on my neck tightened forcing another kiss out of me before letting me turn around and face Jake.

“One would think after this long you would get used to seeing us kiss?” Dom questioned as he wrapped an arm around my waist.

“Yes because seeing my best mate kiss my ex-girlfriend isn’t exactly the best thing in the world. Oh wait it even gets better, that said ex-friend is now your wife.” Jake rolled his eyes and I couldn’t help but laugh.

Dom and I had only been married a couple of weeks, we had only returned from the honeymoon yesterday and we had invited all of our friends over for dinner.

I felt Dom press his lips against the top of my head as Jake said the word ‘wife’. I still can’t get over hearing the word wife, I was thrilled the day Dom proposed and the happiest I’ve ever been the day I walked down the aisle and became his wife.

“Just wait Jake, one day she will be pregnant with my child.” Dom spoke and I watched as Jake’s eyes narrowed in annoyance.

Jake and Dom may be passed everything that happened two years ago when Jake and I first broke up, everything came into the light of day. Jake and Dom stopped talking for various reason for various lengths of time.

Even after Dom and I had become public, Jake pulled away slightly. He stated he had to get used to the idea of seeing us together, he claimed he was fine with the whole thing as he just wanted us to be happy but as for actually seeing us together, well it made him uncomfortable to begin with.

Now those two just like to make jokes about the whole thing, even if Jake seemed angry about the topic of conversation we all knew he wasn’t truly angry. We all knew that the moment we tell Jake that I am pregnant, he will be thrilled and incredibly happy for the both of us.

“Only if you name him after me.” Jake finally responded and I laughed softly.

“But Jake is such a bad name for a girl…” I grinned at him, he shook his head before turning around and leaving.

“We wouldn’t really name our son after would we?” Dom questioned and I turned around, noticing the worried look on his face.

I placed my hand on his cheek and smiled at him, catching the glimmer from both my engagement and wedding rings.

“Tay?” he questioned and when I looked at him he had a smirk on his face, he knew exactly why I was distracted.

“But they are so pretty.” I cooed and he laughed.

“I’m glad that still to this day you love it,” he kissed me softly before resting his forehead against mine. “Now our future son, will he be seriously named Jake?”

“Maybe a middle name, think about it. If Jake and I never dated, would we have stayed in each other’s lives? We stopped talking after we broke up all those years ago and we didn’t start talking until Jake and I happened, us right now is thanks to him.”

“Middle name it is…” Dom grumbled but I just continued to smile.

“As long as I’m godmother.” I instantly pulled away from Dom at the sound of Emily’s voice and ran over to hug her.

“I’ll leave you too alone.” Dom spoke before he left Emily and I alone in the kitchen.

“How are things with you and Nate?” I questioned and Emily grinned at me.

I still couldn’t believe that my best friend, the commitment phobe, was still with Nate. I was still in shock and awe that they were happy as ever together and Emily wasn’t even planning on leaving him anytime soon, she loved him and I was incredibly happy for her.

“We’re moving in together.”

“Oh Em, I’m so happy for you.” I spoke as my eyes welled up, she looked at me for a moment before picking up her bag.

“That reminds me, I brought what you asked of me…”

“Now?”

“Now or never.”

“But…” I was terrified and had no idea what would happen.

“No buts, I saw Dom just then. The thought of you two having child excites him, come on. Lets find out if you are pregnant and you can tell him.”

Emily grabbed my hand and pulled me alone to the bathroom so I could take the pregnancy test and find out if I really am pregnant.

“Babe are you alright?” Dom questioned and I snapped out of my daze staring into the mirror.

Our friends had left for the night and we had both come up to get ready for bed, I know I had been quieter than usual and I knew that Dom had picked up on it.

“No I have something to tell you…”

“If you’re cheating on me, tell me now what I’m doing wrong and I can make the sex more enjoyable for you.” He spoke with a smirk on his face as he stepped closer into me.

This was something that had come up as a joke more than once, I laughed a little but it was obvious he didn’t believe me completely as he raised an eyebrow.

“What’s going on Tay?”

“I’m pregnant.” I stated and a massive grin broke out on his face.

“We’re having a baby?”

“Yes Dom, we’re having a baby.” I repeated, I couldn’t believe the grin became bigger before he kissed me.

So maybe today competes with the day he proposed and the day we got married.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for the bonus! Hope this isn't the end of your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEK! I love Dom and Tay together!!!

    I also hope this isn't "THE END" of this blog! It was written like an ending... I hope I'm wrong. :) Would love to read more from you about this storyline!!

    ReplyDelete