Tuesday 19 April 2016

It Could All End Here



Here I was standing in the middle of a park looking like a complete idiot, I would change from pacing up and down the path to sitting on the bench waiting to see if Dom would turn up.

I shouldn’t have done it this way, I should have just done it somewhere simple and easy like I did with Jake.

But it’s Dom, Dom’s always been different and I needed to do something different because I wanted us to be different.

“Tay?” I heard Dom’s quiet voice and I jumped before turning around and found him standing there, he was looking a little worried. Hell I was as well.

Just because I knew what I wanted didn’t mean I would get what I wanted.

After I told Jake we were better off as friends, we spent more time trying to figure out what to do with the house and its furniture. It was last week when I finally spoke to Jake about Dom, told him what I wanted and how I was worried it wouldn’t work out.

Dom had been pulling away recently and I was terrified I was losing, terrified that I had taken too long to make up my god damn mind about something like this. It was in those moments I realised how I truly felt and I knew I had to tell him.

It was also then that Jake realised what was in front of him the whole time, it was Dom I was seeing behind his back. He was angry to begin with, didn’t question it at all mainly because he asked all his questions when I first told him about the affair. I was worried it had ruined what potential friendship we were working on but then I turned up at his house today and all he said was that he wasn’t mad, he understood and we continued packing up the house.

I didn’t realise how many of my possessions I had left there, I suppose I packed the bare essentials when I left in a hurry for Emily’s and I barely came back to the house. When Jake and I did go on dates it was never at the house, always elsewhere. I think he thought it would ruin things if we were at the house that ruined everything in the first place.

“I was worried you wouldn’t come,” I spoke softly before shivering, not even bothering to grab a jacket before I left in a rush earlier not thinking twice about the weather.

“Here, have my jacket.” Dom made quick work of shrugging out of his jacket and wrapped it around my shoulders, was it a good sign that his hands continued to rest of my shoulders while we stood like this.

“Thank you for coming,” he removed his hands and I frowned as he quickly shoved them into the pockets of his pants.

“Yes well I didn’t really have a choice considering you didn’t give any hint as to what you were going to tell me did you now?” he was being short with me and I was terrified I had ruined my chances with him.

What if he had found someone else and moved on?

“I didn’t want to put it in writing, I wanted to say it in person.” I mumbled while looking away from him.

“Ah, I see. I will just go then,” I instantly snapped my gaze up to face him to try and work out what he was on about but he had his mask up.

“What why?” I stuttered, not remembering the last time I was completely nervous like this.

“Well you made up your mind right, you seemed so happy packing up your life earlier and that letter seemed like a goodbye. That’s what you want right? You want neither of us, it’s why you told Jake about us.” He snapped at me and I lost it.

“Hold up a god damn minute! I didn’t tell Jake about us, he freaking confronted me about it and I had no choice. He worked it out, he even called himself a loser for not realising it, not realising how my moods changed depending on if you were out of town or dating some other girl.” I snapped at him in return and his face softened.

“I’m sorry alright, I was just shocked when Jake said something about it earlier.” He went to cup my face but I jerked out of his grasp.

“But yet you still believed I went behind your back in the first place, what the hell Dom. When have I ever done something to you to make you believe I would betray your trust like that?”

“Tay…” he stepped closer to me and I stood my ground, having no idea what was going to happen next. “What am I doing here, what do you want?” he whispered now standing directly in front of me.

“You’ve done nothing but accuse me of things I haven’t done nor want, maybe this was a mistake.” I shook my head before turning with the idea of leaving but he gripped my arm to prevent me from walking away.

“No, no more walking away. I won’t let it happen, I let you walk away all those years again but I can’t let you go again. What am I doing here Tay?” I narrowed my eyes at him. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to accuse you of anything. I’m terrified you’re going to walk away and not come back again.” there was pain etched on his face and I hated that.

“I want you Dom, I chose you. I was terrified you had given up because you were pulling away from me. I thought us coming here were it all started would be a good way to start again.” I gave him a smile and he shook his head before cupping my face.

“You’re actually choosing me?” I nodded in response and he grinned before kissing me, “I was pulling away because I was afraid I was getting in too deep. I didn’t want to get hurt in the end if you chose Jake because you did not long ago because you thought it was the right thing to do until you turned up on my doorstep in tears.”

“And I hate that I hurt you like that.”

“I know, it’s fine. Don’t stress over,” he softly ran one of his thumbs over my cheek before smiling at me. “As for where it all begun, wouldn’t it technically be that bar we met at?” he smirked at me and I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Everything happens at that stupid bar.” I grumbled in response causing him to laugh good naturedly at me.

I don’t know why we always went to the same bar when we wanted something low key, it wasn’t like the city we lived wasn’t short on bars or clubs. It was just something we always did.

“But I much prefer this park now Tay,” he spoke quietly before pressing his lips against mine and I ran my fingers through his hair, gripping it tightly.

“I love you Tay,” his voice was low and hoarse when he spoke after pulling away, I don’t think he expected a response because my next sentence shocked him.

“I love you too Dom…”

3 comments:

  1. If you know you are not ready for a relationship why get into one and still cheat and liar. I was dying inside for my cheating wife , i had no prove, no one to run to. Everyone thought i was paranoid. until i was referred to a Private Investigator  Mr James . I told him about my situation and He understood me well and helped me spy on my wife.He hacked my wifes Gmail and Facebook account and linked all her WhatsApp and phone conversation to me, to find out the truth.I saw all the evidence and i was heart Broken,I just want to openly say thank you to James for helping me get evidence against her,i feel so hurt. If you need help please contact him Mr James (Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) via Email. 

    ReplyDelete