Tuesday 13 October 2015

Date Number 2



I'm sorry I haven't posted in what seems like forever! No need for me to go into details except saying that my life has been hectic. I want to apologise for multiple reasons, one being gone for so long, two this post if it's a little shorter then normal and three if there are any errors or if it doesn't make any sense.

I quickly wrote this out today after work in hopes of giving you all something to read so it is basically like a first draft and I apologise for that. I hope I still have some readers out there and I will post again shortly!


Things had been crazy since my date with Dom, last minute I had been asked to spend two weeks on the East Coast to help out over there after one of the area managers had been fired. At first I was a little hesitant on taking the opportunity but after talking to everyone about it they all said it would be the best for me.

The two week break has been very therapeutic, I was able to distant myself from my problems in my love life when it came to both Dom and Jake, it gave me the chance to really think about what I wanted.

Right now the thing I really wanted to do was to try and make things worse with Jake, I had put so many years into a relationship with him and I don’t think I could throw that all way over a mistake we both did.

Emily thought I was doing the wrong thing when it came to this but I threw in her face the fact that she was sleeping with married men, it was a very silent couple of days at Emily’s after that.

“Tay don’t do this” Dom pleaded with me and my heart broke at the look on his face.

I had come around to his with the idea of telling him I needed to try and make things work with Jake, I couldn’t throw away our relationship over something as stupid as both of us cheating.

“Dom don’t be like this, I can’t throw away my relationship with Jake”

“Why Tay? Both of you were cheating and neither of you were completely happy, what makes you think it will work the second time round?” Dom had walked over and cupped my face and more than anything I wanted to lean into him and kiss him but I couldn’t, I pulled away from him and cringed at the sight of pain flashing through his eyes.

“I won’t know unless I try Dom” I turned to leave before he could notice the tear running down my cheek.

That was three days ago, I haven’t heard from him since and from what I’ve heard neither have any of our friends. Jake mentioned something about him being on business but wasn’t 100% sure.

Tonight I was going on the second first date with Jake, he seemed so happy when I told him I was willing to give him a second chance but there was something off about the whole thing, I couldn’t let that feeling ruin everything so I pushed it aside and finished getting ready.

I wished Emily was here to help ease my concerns but when I told her I had a date with Jake she left saying something about plans with Penny, I couldn’t believe she was still mad at me about this whole thing that she wouldn’t even help me get ready tonight.

The date with Jake was normal, just like it used to be, the same restaurant the same conversations, the same everything. Did I really want this normal relationship anymore?

“Is everything alright Tay?” Jake’s voice pulled me from my thoughts and I turned my focus from the window to look at him.

We were currently sitting in the car outside Emily’s and I had yet to go inside, “everything is fine Jake, tonight was perfect” I flashed him a fake smile hoping he would buy it.

“I’m glad, I thought so as well” he smiled back at me before placing a hand on my cheek and leaning over to kiss me.

I was torn, there was a part of me that was glad he bought the fake smile but there was a part that wished he hadn’t seen threw it, I wanted him to push for what was wrong, wanted him to force me to tell what was bothering and not let me out of the car until I did.

I eventually headed inside and was glad to see the light underneath Emily’s door indicate she was home and I knocked on it knowing more than anything she would hear me out even if she was mad at me.

8 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad your a back. I can't wait to hear what's bothering her. I'm bummed she is giving Jake a chance. Team Dom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You're back!!! I'm totally rooting for Dom though! 😜

    ReplyDelete
  4. UGH, whyyyyyy would she go back to Jake?! Just because she was technically "with him" for years, doesn't mean he is the one. Afterall.... she had been cheating on Jake with Dom for YEARS of the relationship. I hope when this thing with Jake officially ends (because I am certain it will... again!), that Dom has not moved on and will give Tay a chance to redeem herself. Love Dom for her.

    So glad you're back!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're back. Team Dom all the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sad at how much steam this blog lost in its story. It was so fresh in the beginning. I don't like Taylor taking Jake as the safe bet..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is this blog not continuing? I hope you're doing ok!
    I agree with crazyswimchick. This blog was SO good, but it has lost so much steam. Kind of disappointing :(

    ReplyDelete